Last day of my week-long blog giving everyone a few tips and tricks on how to be a better assistant. If you have any tips, please add them to the comments section.
I think one of the most important parts of my job is to be informed. Sharing that knowledge is also very important. Here are a few Cheat Sheet tips:
- Keep track of boss’ passwords when available. Inevitably s/he will forget them and start yelling at the computer. You can easily save the day if you are able to quickly provide the password.
- Make a spreadsheet of local restaurants. Detail what they are good for (meetings, interviews, large parties, small parties, happy hour, last minute reservations, etc.) Include a direct contact if possible.
- Make a cheat sheet of car services with account information. One day your main service will be fully booked and you don’t want to scramble to find a backup.
- Do you have people coming in from out of town? Make them a cheat sheat of what to do and where to eat in the neighborhood. Keep an updated list on your computer for easy printing or emailing. Personalize it for extra points. It only will take an extra second and makes you look awesome!
- Put labels on machines like the fax machine (if you even still have one) giving instructions on how to use them. You will still get asked how to use the machines but at least you can point out that the instructions are listed right on there!
Hope you enjoyed this weeks tips and tricks. Please do share any other ideas you have. We need to stick together so that we don’t go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!
Pingback: Administrative Professionals’ Day………here we go again! | Aimee Knows